As the sun begins to peek out from behind the clouds and the temperature starts to heat up, you know it is time to start thinking about AC service. Your unit works hard to help you achieve and maintain a cozy indoor temperature during the summer months, so giving them the TLC they deserve with an annual AC servicing is important.
Here are a few common signs that indicate it might be time to pick up the phone and schedule an AC service Bristow, VA appointment:
- Your AC is more than ten years old.
Is your air conditioner already sitting at the 10-year mark? A lot can change in a decade, and your unit is no exception. Similar to other appliances in your home, AC systems have a limited lifespan of around 10-15 years.
As it ages, it will become less efficient and require service more frequently. If you want to avoid being stuck with a bill during the hottest months of the year, it might be time to start thinking about replacement. While spending on AC service Bristow, VA now may seem like a pain, it will pale in comparison to the cost of a new unit.
- The volume of airflow has decreased.
One of the most noticeable signs you need air conditioning service is decreased airflow. Do you notice that it takes longer for your AC to cool down your home? When you turn on your unit, does it take a while for the air to start flowing? It might be time for a service!
A blockage usually causes reduced airflow in the ductwork or an issue with the air conditioner itself. These are both easy fixes that can be completed in a matter of minutes. The technicians will identify the root cause of the problem and restore your system to its full potential.
- It is giving off strange noises and/or smells.
Does your AC make strange noises when you turn it on? Does it smell musty or like something is burning? These are both clear signs that something is wrong with your unit and needs to be serviced as soon as possible.
In most cases, strange smells are caused by a buildup of dirt and dust in the air cooling system. It can be easily fixed with AC service Bristow, VA. The technician will clean the unit and remove any debris that is causing the bad smell.
As for strange noises, they are usually a sign of a bigger problem. Compressors are typically very quiet, so if you start to hear strange noises coming from your AC, something is definitely wrong. The sooner you call for the service, the sooner the problem can be fixed.
- Your energy bills are getting bigger.
Perhaps your air conditioner has been running more frequently than usual, with your energy bills starting to creep up. It is a surefire sign that your unit is not running as efficiently as it should be and requires immediate service.
An AC service Bristow, VA will tune up your unit to guarantee smooth operation. It will help reduce your energy consumption and cut down your monthly utility bills. HVAC contractors generally inspect the system, identify potential problems, and provide a solution that will restore your unit to its full potential.
- You have frequent AC unit breakdowns.
Air cooling systems are ideally serviced yearly to check for cleanliness, blockages, and proper functionality. Occasional repairs and extra service are to be expected. But if you find yourself calling for repairs more frequently, it might be time to start thinking about replacement.
Frequent repairs generally indicate that the unit is already reaching the end of its lifespan. You have spent enough on your air conditioner, so it makes sense to get the most out of it. If you think it is already past its prime, don’t hesitate to call for AC service Bristow, VA. The sooner you do, the earlier you can get a new unit that will serve you for several years.
- There is excess humidity in your home.
Does it feel like your home is always humid, even when the unit is running? High humidity could be to blame! It usually occurs when the air conditioner cannot properly remove the air’s moisture.
If you notice that the humidity levels in your home are consistently high, AC service Bristow, VA can help. Part of the technician’s job is to examine your unit and determine the root cause of the problem. In most cases, it is simply a matter of maintenance and can be easily fixed. You can also ask the technician for tips on reducing humidity in your home.
- Water pooling around the AC unit.
Is there water adjacent or pooling around your unit? The problem might be with the drainage system. It is one of the most common issues homeowners face and can be fixed with an AC service. The technician usually examines the drainage system. In some cases, the problem may be as simple as a clogged drain. They will clean the drain and make sure it is clear of any debris.
A refrigerant leak is possible, too. It usually happens when the unit is not properly sealed. The technician will check for any leaks and repair them as necessary.
- You haven’t had a tune-up in a while.
Air conditioning systems require tune-ups at least once a year to ensure it runs at peak performance. If it has been a while since you’ve had AC service Bristow, VA, now is the time to do so. A tune-up generally includes:
- A thorough inspection of the unit
- Cleaning of all components
- Checking fluid levels
- Inspecting ductwork
- Checking and tightening all electrical connections
- Lubricating moving parts
- Unit testing
Just because your air conditioner seems to be working fine doesn’t mean it doesn’t need a tune-up. In fact, neglecting service and maintenance is one of the biggest mistakes home and business owners make regarding their HVAC systems.
While it’s true that an AC tune-up won’t necessarily fix everything that could be wrong with your system, it can go a long way towards making sure that your system is running as efficiently as possible – which can save you money in the long run.
- You recently moved into a new home.
If you just moved into a new home, you might be wondering whether or not you should have your unit serviced. After all, the previous owner might have already taken care of that for you. However, there are a few good reasons why you should still get AC service Bristow, VA, even if your new home has an existing system.
- To make sure the system is working properly. Just because there is an air conditioner in your new home doesn’t mean it is working properly. An HVAC service can check to ensure everything is in working order and that there are no potential problems that could cause issues down the line.
- To get acquainted with the unit. Even if the air cooling system is working properly, you might not know how to use it effectively. Getting a professional service can help you understand how your particular system works and how to get the most out of it.
- To make sure the system is clean. Air conditioners can get dirty over time, and that dirt can eventually lead to problems. With AC service, your system will be cleaned and inspected to operate as efficiently as possible.
- To make sure the unit is sized properly. Air conditioning units come in different sizes. It is important to make sure yours is the right size for your residential space. AC service can determine the accurate size ideal for your home and ensure its working condition.
- To get a warranty. Most HVAC companies offer warranties on their services, which can be an excellent way to ensure you are covered in case something goes wrong. By getting assistance from professional technicians, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your system is protected.
Don’t Wait to Tackle Air Conditioner Problems – Call Our Local Pros at Fire & Ice HVAC!
Sometimes, air conditioners can develop small problems that, if left unchecked, can turn into big and expensive ones. There are early signs of potential issues, so you can take action right away to nip the problem in the bud. AC units that are having problems usually make strange noises, blow out warm air, and have shortened lifespan of components. Once you notice any of these issues, it’s time to call AC service Bristow, VA.
Fire & Ice HVAC is a full-service AC company that has been servicing units in Virginia for many years. We are repair and installation experts who can handle any make or model of air conditioning unit. We also offer maintenance and tune-ups to maintain your unit’s peak performance.
In case your unit breaks down, AC service is crucial during the hot summer months. Our technicians are available 24 hours for any emergency repair services you may need.
Call us at (703) 365-0505 to schedule a service!